- 100 g Golden Brand margarine
- 250 g Bake’n Fry shortening
- 450 g canned garbanzo beans (tjana)
- 75 ml water
- 75 ml sweet chili sauce
- 1 chunk tahoe, cut in cubes of approx. 1½ cm
- 1 bunch kousenband (string beans) cut in pieces of 5 cm
- ¼ cabbage, cut in large pieces
- 3 tomatoes, cut in cubes
- 2 red onions cut in cubes
- 2 ripe bananas (plantain) cut in circles of 0.5 cm
- Salt and black peper to taste
Heat the Bake’n Fry shortening at 180°C (356°F) in a frying pan and fry the tahoe cubes crispy and golden brown. Take the brown tahoe out of the pan and let them drain on kitchen paper. Fry the circles of plantain golden brown.
Wash the vegetables and let them drain thoroughly. Melt the Golden Brand margarine in a skillet. Stir-fry the diced red onions and tomatoes. Stir in the Garbanzo beans together with the fried plantain, tahoe and washed vegetables. Add the chilli sauce and water and let it all simmer. Finish to taste with salt and black pepper.